Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mad Men Competition Entries!

One of my favorite vintage sewing blogs, Sew Retro sewretro.blogspot.com/ had a Mad Men inspired vintage sewing design competition. I was honored enough to be accepted into the group just in time to send in my two entires! I'd actually finished these two dresses a while ago but hadn't had any specific inspiration to use them for. Being as I love Mad Men so much, this was a great opportunity!


This is my submission for a Joan Holloway inspired design. I used a reissued vintage Butterick pattern from 1960! It was actually quite a pain to sew around the existing pattern bustline and needed some modifications to make it more tailored. I used black peau de soi satin.
This is my submission for a Betty Draper inspired outfit. I used a reissued vintage Butterick pattern from 1947. I love the silhouette of this pattern! I actually have plans to make a second dress in a beautiful satin for a more dressy look.

No comments:

Post a Comment