Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mini Top Hat!

For a recent event, I decided I wanted to start the journey into my long coveted love for the steampunk genre. As SP is generally seen in earth tones and muted colors, I wanted to do something a little different and opted for royal blue! I used the same blue fabric for my bustle skirt so I was nicely coordinated:)

There is a thin round elastic band attached to the inside of the hat that allows it to sit on the head. The bow is a velvet ribbon. The chains are tacked in place through the inside of the hat with jewelery head pins and then covered with the vintage buttons. I lucked out finding those in a fabric warehouse in Winnipeg last year. The chains do actually lay straight, but unfortunately I didn't realize the second row was tangled until I was already saving the photographs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment