Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Woven Purse (aka the devil made me do it)

This purse was a christmas present for one of my lovely best friends. Although I do love how amazing it turned out, it was one of the most ridiculously timely projects I have undertaken in as long as I can remember. I will never repeat this design! Every strip of faux leather that is woven on the front had to have it's edges hand glued so they looked finished. Additionally, those pieces aren't separate. The front is actually only TWO whole pieces with all the strips attached to them and additional pleated around the edges. Whewf, I feel exhausted just recalling the process for this post!


The dimensions are roughly 12" x 7 ", so this image may be quite misleading as I personally think it looks smaller than the actual size here. I used a dark purple faux leather and lined it with black cotton broadcloth. There are two pockets inside and a magnetic closure. There is also a small loop sewn into the back band so the purse has the option of a strap.

No comments:

Post a Comment