Pages

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Keep a Kid Warm - Call for Hats!

I'm a member of the website Craftsy, a lovely online crafting community (they also have online video courses to learn different crafting and sewing skills which is pretty cool!). Anyways, this September they posted about two charities they teamed up with: Project Linus, which provides "security" blankets to children that are traumatized, ill, or in need, and Kaps for Kendall, which provides hats to kids and adults that have lost their hair due to chemotherapy.(original post is here)

I LOVED this idea, what a great reason to participate in a project! Unfortunately my hideous graduate school schedule in the Fall made for no personal projects (or life really). After the semester ended, my partner and I went to visit family for Christmas I finally had some free time to participate in this. Craftsy had such an amazing response from members, over 2250 hats were sent in! They are still taking blanket and hat donations as well if you also feel compelled to participate in this great project :) 
For more information you can read this blog post. Below are the hats I made. All the materials were re-purposed scraps left over from making Christmas presents last year :)
Photo Credit: TM 2012 SMASHWORKS. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment